Payment, Refund And Switching Policy
- If a camp is canceled by Studio East: Full Refund of tuition paid.
- Withdrawals more than 3 weeks before the first day of camp: Full refund of tuition paid.
- Withdrawals less than 3 weeks before the start of the program: Refund of tuition paid, less $50.
- Withdrawals less than 2 weeks before the start of the program: 50% of tuition paid can be refunded or applied as credit.
- Withdrawals less than 48 hours before the start of the program: no refund and no credit.
- Switching between programs is allowed up to 3 weeks before the first day of camp at no cost, based on availability.
- Switching between programs less than 3 weeks before the first day of your camp will result in an Admin Fee of $25.
All refunds for Summer 2020 will be issued by check. If you wish to cancel your student’s registration, please fill out the Summer Camp Refund Request Form
Dropping Off & Picking Up
Parents, please be aware that you must sign your children in and out of camp each day**. There is no supervision provided for campers before the official start time of camp. Please do not leave your child unattended at the camp site before or after camp times, **Parents of students in our Teen Camps may provide permission for their student to sign themselves in and out of camp. Late Pick-Up Campers that are not picked up within 15 minutes of the end of camp will be placed in Extended Care and charged for one day of Extended Care. Campers that are continually picked up late may be withdrawn from the camp program. If you are running late, please notify the main office as soon as possible.
Emergency Forms & Special Needs
Students cannot participate without returning a fully completed and signed Emergency Form on or before the first day of camp. When you register online you will be asked to complete an Emergency Form. It is important that we be aware of any special issues or challenges your child may face so we can create a successful and rewarding experience for them. All staff and instructors follow the Studio’s Confidentiality Policy, to protect your family’s privacy.
**Please note that Studio East staff and Instructors cannot dispense medication to your child. If your child has medical needs, please plan to provide whatever care is required during camp hours or have your student self-administer. The only exception is for emergency-only medicines (epi-pens & inhalers) You must provide written instructions for emergency procedures, and medicines will be kept with the camp’s First Aid kit for the duration of camp.
Absence & Illness
Please alert the Studio if your student will be late or absent by calling (425) 820-1800 or email email@example.com. If your child is ill, contagious (stomach issues, coughing, sinus infections, etc) and/or running a fever, please DO NOT bring him/her to camp until they are symptom free for 24 hours. LICE- If your student has active lice or nits, please notify the Studio and do not send them to camp for 24 hours after treatment. Lice is very hard to contract and not dangerous to students, but because our campers share costumes, including hats and head pieces, all families at the camp location will be notified as a precaution.
Code Of Conduct
We at Studio East value each and every individual. In order to create an environment where each student has the freedom to grow both as a performer and as an individual, Studio East maintains a zero tolerance policy for the following:
- Fighting with another student, staff, volunteer, or parent.
- Destruction or theft of any property or materials.
- Disrespect towards oneself or others.
- Use of inappropriate language and/or innuendo.
- Racial or sexual harassment (including inappropriate physical contact).
Food At Camp
Please pack a non-perishable lunch and a labeled water bottle daily. Please do not send nut products on the first day of camp in case one of our campers has a severe allergy. Instructors encourage campers to share everything at camp except their food. Due to limited space and time, anticipated clean-up and staff responsibilities, we cannot support any celebrations involving edible treats during Studio East programs. We will celebrate students’ birthdays with a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday” when you alert us in advance! Food Allergies If another student in your child’s camp has a severe food allergy, families will be notified and asked NOT to send their child to camp with that food. If your family has no other nutritional alternatives, your student may be separated from the group while they eat.
Studio East encourages open communication between instructors and families. Please feel free to reach the instructors by leaving a message with Corey Dunne, the Studio East Education Director, at 425.820.1800 x108.