Summer Camp Covid-19 Policies
- We will continue to require students, staff, and student families to wear masks while they are indoors at camp.
- There will be no mask requirement for any outdoor activities including snack, lunch, recess, and if teachers take class outside – which they will be encouraged to do, weather permitting.
- For every camp with a final performance, students will have the option to take their masks off for the final show!
- We are no longer requiring proof of vaccines or negative tests for any of our programming.
- For most up-to-date info, please be sure to check our Covid-19 guidelines & policies page HERE.
Summer Camp Registration Policies
- Payment: Full tuition is due at the time of registration. You will receive a confirmation email through CourseStorm, our registration system, after enrollment. Please check your junk folder if you didn’t receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a welcome email from Studio East two weeks prior to the start of camp with additional camp details.
- Financial Aid is available for all Studio East camps. Apply for a scholarship here.
Summer Camp Withdrawal, Refund, and Switching Policy
- Registration canceled more than 1 week before camp begins will be fully refunded minus a non-refundable $50 fee.
- Registration canceled less than 1 week before camp begins will not be refunded but you can save your tuition as credit on file for a future program.
- Switching between camps is no additional cost based on availability. You will be responsible for any remaining balance.
- If Studio East needs to cancel camp due to low enrollment you will be notified at least a week in advance and will receive a full refund.
Dropping Off & Picking Up
- Please see our Covid-19 Response page for the most current pick-up/drop-off procedures.
- Please do not leave your child unattended at the camp site before or after camp times. There is no supervision provided for campers before the official start time of camp. Parents of students in our Teen Camps may provide permission for their student to sign themselves in and out of camp.
- Late Pick-Up: Campers that are not picked up within 15 minutes of the end of camp will be placed in Extended Care and charged for one day of Extended Care. Campers that are continually picked up late may be withdrawn from the camp program. If you are running late, please notify the main office as soon as possible.
- Students cannot participate without completing Emergency/Medical information at registration.
- It is important that we be aware of any issues or challenges your child may face so we can create a successful and rewarding experience for your child. Please include any and all medications, disabilities, and any physical, emotional, or behavioral challenges your child may have.
- All staff and instructors follow the Studio’s Confidentiality Policy, to protect your family’s privacy.
- Please note that Studio East staff and Instructors cannot dispense medication to your child. If your child has medical needs, please plan to provide whatever care is required during camp hours or have your student self-administer. The only exception is for emergency-only medicines (epi-pens & inhalers) You must provide written instructions for emergency procedures, and medicines will be kept with the camp’s First Aid kit for the duration of camp.
Absence & Illness
- Please review our current Covid-19 Policy page HERE.
- Please alert the Studio if your student will be late or absent by calling 425.820.1800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is ill, contagious (stomach issues, coughing, sinus infections, etc) and/or running a fever, please do not bring them to camp until they are symptom free for 24 hours.
- If your student has active lice or nits, please notify the Studio and do not send them to camp for 24 hours after treatment. Lice is very hard to contract and not dangerous to students, but because our campers share costumes, including hats and head pieces, all families at the camp location will be notified as a precaution.
Code Of Conduct
- We at Studio East value each and every individual. In order to create an environment where each student has the freedom to grow both as a performer and as an individual, Studio East maintains a zero tolerance policy for the following:
- Fighting with another student, staff, volunteer, or parent.
- Destruction or theft of any property or materials.
- Disrespect towards oneself or others.
- Use of inappropriate language and/or innuendo.
- Racial or sexual harassment (including inappropriate physical contact).
Food At Camp
- Please pack a non-perishable lunch and a labeled water bottle daily.
- Please do not send nut products on the first day of camp in case one of our campers has a severe allergy.
- Instructors encourage campers to share everything at camp except their food.
- Due to limited space and time, anticipated clean-up and staff responsibilities, we cannot support any celebrations involving edible treats during Studio East programs. We will celebrate students’ birthdays with a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday” when you alert us in advance!
- Food Allergies: If another student in your child’s camp has a severe food allergy, families will be notified and asked NOT to send their child to camp with that food. If your family has no other nutritional alternatives, your student may be separated from the group while they eat.
Studio East encourages open communication between instructors and families. Please feel free to reach the instructors by leaving a message with Kaysy Ostrom, the Studio East Education Director, at 425.820.1800 x108.