Studio East Zoom Safety Statement
In order to keep our Zoom meetings secure and to ensure students’ safety while using Zoom, Studio East will follow the best practices for securing our classrooms, including:
- E-mail invitation link, Meeting ID, & password are required to participate in meetings
- All video guests enter a “Waiting Room” and Studio East staff will manually accept guests to enter the meeting.
- Please use your first name & last initial as your user/display name so we can easily identify you! If we do not recognize your display name, we will not let you into the meeting. (To quickly change your Zoom display name: click the “…” button in the corner of your video screen OR right click your video, then select “Rename.”)
- Students should not rename themselves during a meeting unless it’s to use a nickname they will use all week or if asked by the teacher to use a “character name” when we record a play or scene.
- Zoom’s new “Security” button provides immediate tech support help.
- Sessions will only be recorded by staff with all participants knowledge (for final performances).
- Studio East will not make recordings of class sessions public for any reason.
- Only the host(Studio East staff) have the ability to screenshare and teachers will only use this function to share class related materials.
- Students can use the chat function to communicate via text to everyone publicly or with the teacher privately but they cannot privately message other students
- A note on Breakout Rooms:
- Breakout rooms is a function in Zoom where teachers can separate students into separate “virtual classrooms” so they can work together on smaller group projects. Breakout rooms will only be used for grades 3 and up. Teachers will jump frequently between breakout rooms but there will be some time students will be on their own, unmonitored by a teacher. Students have the option to call the teacher to your room at any point and the teacher will be always be available via private chat even while in a different breakout room. It is our expectation of all students to be on their best behavior in breakout rooms and to treat others with respect. If this rule cannot be followed students will lose Breakout Room privileges.
Should you have any questions about these procedures, please email Interim Education Director Kaysy Ostrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.