Beginning October 25, proof of vaccine or a negative COVID-19 PCR test for those 12 and older will be required to attend performances, events, and more per the King County mandate. Masks will also be required regardless of vaccination status. We will continually update this page per WA state, King County, and CDC Guidelines. Thank you for helping us keep our patrons, students & staff safe!
In-Person Audience Procedures
- Beginning October 25, upon arrival for any performance or event, staff will verify proof of vaccine or confirmation of a negative COVID-19 PCR test within the last 72 hours. Access will not be granted if these are qualifiers are not met per King County mandate.
- Regardless of vaccine status, all audience members, students and staff are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- To maximize cleanliness, we are currently not accepting cash payments for ticket sales. Anyone purchasing tickets at the door will be asked to do so online.
In-Person Program Procedures
- Until further notice and regardless of vaccination status, all students and Studio East staff are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Please help your student understand the importance of wearing a face covering and how to do so properly.
- For any classes/camps/productions that include singing, 3ply surgical masks are required. Studio East will have surgical masks onsite for these situations.
Sanitation & Cleaning:
- Students are asked to wash hands and sanitize when entering the building periodically, and before and after using any shared materials.
- Our building and other camp venues are professionally cleaned twice a week, and all shared materials are cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- The Studio East building is limited to students and staff only in order to limit exposure.
- Daily Health Screenings must be completed each day BEFORE arriving onsite for programming. They are available online HERE.
- A Studio East staff member will check students in and conduct a temperature check.
- Health check start time will be dependent on each class/camp and will be communicated in your welcome email.
- Parents & Guardians, please do not leave until your child is successfully checked in.
- Anyone not passing the screening will be sent home and encouraged to get a COVID-19 test. See “Returning to a program” below.
- PICKUP – Students will be released from the building when they are finished. A staff member will remain onsite until all children are picked up.
- Groups will be limited in size depending on the size of classroom or rehearsal space.
- Students will practice physical distancing (3 feet) as much as possible throughout class or rehearsal.
- Water fountains are closed due to covid restrictions. Please bring a water bottle which can be filled onsite.
- Please limit eating while onsite, we ask that necessary snacks be taken either outside or in a space away from others.
- Please talk to your student about the importance of social distancing, especially while on breaks.
If someone develops symptoms of COVID-19:
- Common symptoms are fever, cough, and fatigue. Other symptoms may include shortness of breath, aches and pains, headache, sore throat, congestion, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Get tested for COVID-19 right away.
- Please notify Studio East immediately, if you have been participating in in-person programming and develop symptoms.
- If symptoms appear while at Studio East, the person will be separated from the group (with supervision) until they are able to leave the facility.
- Any space used to isolate a person with symptoms will be immediately and thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, all group members that came into contact with that person will be notified and should follow WA DOH guidance on steps to take.
Returning to programming:
- A student or staff member with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 and has symptoms, can return when:
- You’ve been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND
- Your symptoms have gotten better, AND
- At least 10 days have gone by since symptoms first appeared.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19, but have not had any symptoms, you can return when:
- At least 10 days have gone by since the date of your first positive COVID-19 test, AND
- You have not gotten sick with COVID-19.
- If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please follow WA DOH guidance on steps to take.
Should you have any questions about these procedures, please email Education Director Kaysy Ostrom at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding productions and these procedures, please email Production Stage Manager Cassie Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.