In-Person Program Procedures
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- The Studio East building is limited to students and staff in order to limit exposure.
- Daily Health Screenings must be completed each day BEFORE arriving onsite for programming. They are available online HERE.
- Classes and Camps:
- We will be utilizing a drive-thru drop-off system. Students must remain in the car until the health check is complete.
- Health check start time will be dependent on each class/camp and will be communicated in your welcome email.
- A Studio East staff member will be at the roundabout, waiting to check students in and conduct a temperature check. Please do not leave until they successfully are checked in. Anyone who does not pass the screening will be sent home, encouraged to get a COVID-19 test. See “Returning to a program” below.
- WASH YOUR HANDS/SANITIZE UPON ENTERING BUILDING
- If you arrive late please check in at the front office for your health check.
- PICKUP- Please form a line just like at drop-off for drive-thru pickup. There is no need to come in the building to sign them out.
- A Studio East Staff Member will be at the front door waiting to check students in and conduct a temperature check.
- Health checks will start 5 minutes before your start time.
- Anyone who does not pass the screening will be sent home, encouraged to get a COVID-19 test. See “Returning to a program” below.
- Students will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands immediately upon entering the building.
- Parents you may either walk your children to the front door or wait for them in your car, but please do not leave until they successfully are checked into the building.
- PICKUP- Students will be released from the building when they are finished with rehearsals. A staff member will remain onsite until all children are picked up.
- All groups will be limited in size depending on the size of the classroom or rehearsal space they are using.
- Students will practice physical distancing (6 feet) as much as possible throughout the class or rehearsal.
- Students will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands before and after using and shared materials. Shared materials will also be sanitized between each use.
- We will open windows, utilize fans, and spend time outside as much as possible to improve air circulation.
- Students will be required to wash or sanitize their hands periodically throughout the day.
- The water fountains are closed due to covid restrictions. Please bring a water bottle. There is a water dispenser in which they can refill their water bottles.
- Please limit eating while onsite, we are asking that necessary snacks be taken either outside or in a space away from others.
- Please talk to your student about the importance of social distancing, especially while on breaks.
- All students and Studio East staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Studies suggest that face coverings with vents and gators are ineffective at preventing the spread of Covid-19 and will not be allowed at the Studio.
- Please help your student understand the importance of wearing a face covering and how to do so properly.
- For any classes/camps/productions that include singing 3ply surgical masks are required to be worn. Studio East will have surgical masks onsite for use in these situations.
If someone develops symptoms of COVID-19
- Common symptoms are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fatigue, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell.
- Get tested for COVID-19 right away.
- Please notify Studio East immediately, if you have been participating in in-person programming and develop symptoms of COVID-19.
- If symptoms appear while at Studio East, the person will be separated from the group (with supervision) until they are able to leave the facility. While separated, they will be asked to wear a face covering.
- Any space used to isolate a person with symptoms will be immediately and thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, all group members that came into contact with that person will be notified and should follow WA DOH guidance on steps to take and how long to quarantine.
Returning to programming:
- A student or staff member with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 and have symptoms, can return when:
- You’ve been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND
- Your symptoms have gotten better, AND
- At least 10 days have gone by since your symptoms first appeared.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19, but have not had any symptoms, you can return when:
- At least 10 days have gone by since the date of your first positive COVID-19 test, AND
- You have not gotten sick with COVID-19.
- If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please follow WA DOH guidance on steps to take and how long to quarantine.
Should you have any questions about these procedures, please email Interim Education Director Kaysy Ostrom at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding productions and these procedures, please email Production Manager Jessica Stansfield at email@example.com.