As we resume live theater and in-person experiences, we will continually update this page per WA state and CDC Guidelines.
In-Person Program Procedures
- Until further notice and regardless of vaccination status, all students and Studio East staff are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Please help your student understand the importance of wearing a face covering and how to do so properly.
- For any classes/camps/productions that include singing, 3ply surgical masks are required. Studio East will have surgical masks onsite for these situations.
Sanitation & Cleaning:
- Students are asked to wash hands and sanitize when entering the building periodically, and before and after using any shared materials.
- Our building and other camp venues are professionally cleaned twice a week, and all shared materials are cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- The Studio East building is limited to students and staff only in order to limit exposure.
- Daily Health Screenings must be completed each day BEFORE arriving onsite for programming. They are available online HERE.
- A Studio East staff member will check students in and conduct a temperature check.
- Health check start time will be dependent on each class/camp and will be communicated in your welcome email.
- Parents & Guardians, please do not leave until your child is successfully checked in.
- Anyone not passing the screening will be sent home and encouraged to get a COVID-19 test. See “Returning to a program” below.
- PICKUP – Students will be released from the building when they are finished. A staff member will remain onsite until all children are picked up.
- Groups will be limited in size depending on the size of classroom or rehearsal space.
- Students will practice physical distancing (3 feet) as much as possible throughout class or rehearsal.
- Water fountains are closed due to covid restrictions. Please bring a water bottle which can be filled onsite.
- Please limit eating while onsite, we ask that necessary snacks be taken either outside or in a space away from others.
- Please talk to your student about the importance of social distancing, especially while on breaks.
If someone develops symptoms of COVID-19:
- Common symptoms are fever, cough, and fatigue. Other symptoms may include shortness of breath, aches and pains, headache, sore throat, congestion, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Get tested for COVID-19 right away.
- Please notify Studio East immediately, if you have been participating in in-person programming and develop symptoms.
- If symptoms appear while at Studio East, the person will be separated from the group (with supervision) until they are able to leave the facility.
- Any space used to isolate a person with symptoms will be immediately and thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, all group members that came into contact with that person will be notified and should follow WA DOH guidance on steps to take.
Returning to programming:
- A student or staff member with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 and has symptoms, can return when:
- You’ve been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND
- Your symptoms have gotten better, AND
- At least 10 days have gone by since symptoms first appeared.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19, but have not had any symptoms, you can return when:
- At least 10 days have gone by since the date of your first positive COVID-19 test, AND
- You have not gotten sick with COVID-19.
- If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please follow WA DOH guidance on steps to take.
Should you have any questions about these procedures, please email Education Director Kaysy Ostrom at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding productions and these procedures, please email Production Stage Manager Cassie Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.