Our current Covid policy is that masks will still be required to participate in a class, camp, or production, as well as for audience members and all staff. We will continually update this page. Thank you for helping us keep our patrons, students, and staff safe!
The safety measures we have in place have greatly reduced our Covid-19 risk here at Studio East. We take the safety of students and patrons very seriously and hope to keep providing them with enriching drama programming in a safe and supportive environment.
In-Person Audience Procedures
- In an abundance of caution as we serve youth aged 4-19 and their families, we are continuing to require our students and audiences to wear masks at this time. This policy will stay in place through our spring programming, which includes break camps, classes, and Spelling Bee rehearsals. However, students will have the option to remove their masks for performances.
- Masking policies for future programming and productions will be evaluated on a monthly basis and communicated accordingly.
- To minimize contact, we are currently not accepting cash payments for ticket sales. Anyone purchasing tickets at the door will be asked to do so online.
In-Person Program Procedures
Vaccines & Testing:
- Currently, students ages 12 and up participating in Mainstage productions must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a weekly negative Covid-19 PCR test. We will reevaluate for each production.
- At this time, this is not required for daily education programs.
- All students and Studio East staff are still required to wear a mask at all times. Masking policies for future programming and productions will be evaluated on a monthly basis and communicated accordingly.
- Studio East will have masks onsite for those that may forget.
- We will continue to require students, staff, and student families to wear masks while they are indoors at camp.
- There will be no mask requirement for any outdoor activities including snack, lunch, recess, and if teachers take class outside – which they will be encouraged to do, weather permitting.
- For every camp with a final performance, students will have the option to take their masks off for the final show!
- We are no longer requiring proof of vaccines or negative tests for any of our programming.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- The Studio East building is limited to students and staff only in order to limit exposure, unless expressly invited for final class presentations.
- Daily Health Screenings must be completed each day BEFORE arriving onsite for programming. They are available online HERE. If your student cannot pass the health test, please do not bring them to class. This includes if they’ve been exposed to Covid-19 in the past 7 days regardless of vaccination status. A student that has been exposed may return if they receive a negative test result 5 days after most recent exposure. We encourage people to be proactive and remove themselves or their student from a group setting if they know of a recent exposure.
- A Studio East staff member will check students in and conduct a temperature check.
- Health check start time will be dependent on each class/camp and will be communicated in your welcome email.
- Parents & Guardians, please do not leave until your child is successfully checked in.
- Anyone not passing the screening will be sent home and encouraged to get a Covid-19 test. See “Returning to a program” below.
- PICKUP – Students will be released from the building when they are finished. A staff member will remain onsite until all children are picked up.
If someone develops symptoms of Covid-19:
- If your student is experiencing symptoms, have them tested for Covid-19 right away.
- If your student tests positive for Covid-19 within three days of participating in a Studio East program, please notify Studio East immediately.
- We will always contact every family that has been in recent contact with the positive individual, but we will not release the names of any individuals who have tested positive. All students and staff that have been exposed may return if they receive a negative test result 5 days after exposure.
- If symptoms appear while at Studio East, the person will be separated from the group (with supervision) until they are able to leave the facility.
Returning to programming:
- If you tested positive for Covid-19, and HAVE symptoms, you can return when:
- You’ve been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND
- Your symptoms have gotten better AND
- At least 5 days have gone by since symptoms first appeared AND
- You have received a negative Covid-19 PCR test.
- If you tested positive for Covid-19, but HAVE NOT had any symptoms, you can return when:
- At least 5 days have gone by since the date of your first positive Covid-19 test, AND
- You have received a negative Covid-19 PCR test.
Should you have any questions about these procedures, please email Education Director Kaysy Ostrom at email@example.com or Production Stage Manager Cassie Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.