In-Person Program Procedures
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- In order to keep families physically distant from each other, we will be enforcing a daily health check before entering the building.
- Daily Health Screenings are available online HERE and should be completed BEFORE arriving at the Studio.
- Parents should let their student out of the vehicle, but not leave the parking lot until their student has been cleared to enter the building.
- A Studio East Staff Member will be at the Theater doors waiting to check students in and conduct a temperature check.
- For the safety of those performing the checks, please already have your mask on at arrival.
- All staff and guests will go through the same screening daily.
- Anyone who does not pass the screening will be sent home, encouraged to get a COVID-19 test, and will not be allowed to return to Studio East until a minimum of 72 hours (3 days) have passed since recovery- see “Returning to a program after suspected signs of COVID-19” below.
- Students will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands immediately upon entering the building.
The Studio East building is closed to everyone except students and staff, in order to limit exposure. Please call the front office if you need assistance.
- All groups will be limited in size depending on the size of the classroom or rehearsal space they are using.
- Groups will stay together and not combine with other groups at any point.
- Staff will remain with their group for the entire class or rehearsal.
- Students will practice physical distancing (6 feet) as much as possible throughout the class or rehearsal.
- Students will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands before and after using and shared materials. Shared materials will also be sanitized between each use.
- We will open windows, utilize fans, and spend time outside as much as possible to improve air circulation.
- Students will be required to wash or sanitize their hands periodically throughout the day.
- All students and Studio East staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times
- Studies suggest that face coverings with vents and gators are ineffective at preventing the spread of Covid-19 and will not be allowed at the Studio.
- Please help your student understand the importance of wearing a face covering and how to do so properly
If someone develops symptoms of COVID-19
- If symptoms appear while at Studio East, the person will be separated from the group (with supervision) until they are able to leave the facility. While separated, they will be asked to wear a face covering.
- Any space used to isolate a person with symptoms will be immediately and thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, all group members that came into contact with that person will be notified and should self-quarantine for 14 days. Additional resources will be shared at that time.
Returning to programming after suspected signs of COVID-19
- A student or staff member who had signs of COVID-19 can return when:
- At least 72 hours (3 days) have passed since recovery- defined by WA State Department of Health as no fever without the use of medications and improvement in respiratory signs like cough and shortness of breath
- At least 10 days have passed since signs first appeared.
- If a person believes they have had close contact to someone with COVID-19, but they are not sick, they should watch their health for signs of fever, cough, shortness of breath, and other COVID -19 symptoms during the 14 days after the last day they were in close contact with the sick person with COVID-19. They should not go to work, child care, school, or public places for 14 days.
Should you have any questions about these procedures, please email Education Director Corey Dunne at firstname.lastname@example.org.