Summer Camp Update | May 19, 2020 | 5:00pm
Dear Studio East Families
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to determine the best path forward for summer programming in light of the pandemic. In order to stay as current as possible while allowing enough time for preparations, we will be announcing decisions regarding the format of our summer camps in three phases:
Summer Camp June 22 – July 17
After weighing the timeline data of Washington’s phased re-opening and the available health data of King County and WA State; we have made the decision to transition our summer camps through July 17th to a digital platform. We are planning for YAPI to be a hybrid camp starting online and then meeting in-person starting July 6. Mini YAPI July 13-17 will still be held in-person at Studio East if we are permitted to do so by WA State and King County health guidelines.
Camps scheduled for July 20 – August will be held in-person if we are permitted to do so by WA State and King County health guidelines, if the facilities are available, and if we feel that we can provide a safe environment and experience for our campers and staff. Summer camps that move forward in person will follow all social distancing guidelines as outlined by local and state authorities and the CDC. This will likely include daily screenings of campers at drop-off, additional cleaning procedures, use of face masks, and smaller group sizes at a minimum.
Summer Camp July 20 – July 31
We will announce the format of these camps on June 22.
Summer Camp in August
We will announce the format for these camps on July 6.
Studio East Interactive Online Camps
If you are taking one of our Spring online classes, then you know that summer camps will not be like online school! Online sessions will be highly engaging and interactive while all offline activities will be optional. All activities will be thematic based on the camp title, and some encourage outside and imaginative play.
- All camps will utilize a combination of online video conferencing for interactive theater games and rehearsal exercises, and independent at home activities that will be provided for you by the Studio.
- Students will never be online for more than 90 minutes consecutively, and for no more than 4 total hour per day (fewer for our younger students).
Please head to our website at www.studio-east.org/summer-camps for more detailed information about your student’s camp including a daily schedule outline.
Camp in a Box (Ages 4yrs – 2nd Grade)
In addition to our online programming, we will also be offering a Camp-In-A-Box option for our Little Players and TaleSpinners programs that will include activities, supplies, and access to pre-recorded experiences that you and your young person can do on your own time at home.
Updated Refund Policy
We understand that choosing the right camp option for your student is a highly personal decision and we support whatever choice you feel is appropriate for your family. We are happy to offer no-hassle refunds from now 3 weeks prior to the first day of your camp if you’d like to withdraw your student. Prepaid tuition may also be applied to your account as a credit for future use or donated to Studio East. Please use the following schedule when considering withdrawing or switching camps for your student:
- If a camp is canceled by Studio East: Full Refund of tuition paid.
- Withdrawals more than 3 weeks before the first day of camp: Full refund of tuition paid.
- Withdrawals less than 3 weeks before the start of the program: Refund of tuition paid, less $50.
- Withdrawals less than 2 weeks before the start of the program: 50% of tuition paid can be refunded or applied as credit.
- Withdrawals less than 48 hours before the start of the program: no refund and no credit.
- Switching between programs is allowed up to 3 weeks before the first day of camp at no cost, based on availability.
- Switching between programs less than 3 weeks before the first day of your camp will result in an Admin Fee of $25.
All refunds will be issued by check. If you wish to cancel your student’s registration, please fill out our Summer Camp Refund Request Form.
We want to thank you for supporting Studio East through this trying time. We hope to see you in person soon!