What To Expect at Shakesperience Camp
Spend two weeks with the Bard rehearsing and performing with Studio East. Shakesperience students spend time exploring the art and craft of performing Shakespeare’s work, learning lines, and developing characters, culminating in two performances on the final day of camp.
- Acting games and mini-workshops
- Learning lines, staging, and rehearsing scenes
- Using formal stage skills during rehearsal process
- Theatrical skills: character development, ensemble, improvisation, and performance
- Life skills: following directions, teamwork, confidence, and risk taking
- Body language, gesture, facial, and vocal expression
- 45-60 minute performances with costumes and props at 1pm and 3pm on the final day of camp.
- Scripted production
- Campers have individual roles, memorized lines, and staged performance.