What To Expect At Playmakers Camp
Put your amazing ideas into action! Spend a week with a group of friends creating your own characters and writing a play to perform for families.
- Ensemble building and play creation activities based on the weekly theme
- Acting games, creating props, script writing and rehearsing scenes
- Practicing stage skills during rehearsal process
- Theatrical skills: character creation, ensemble, improvisation and performance
- Life skills: following directions, teamwork, confidence and risk taking
- Literacy skills through reading and script writing
- Body language, gesture, facial and vocal expression
- 30-50 minute family showcase
- One-act play based on theme, created by campers
- Campers have individual roles, memorized lines, and staged performance
- Campers will be released at approximately 4:30 on the final day.