What To Expect At #ChangeItUp
Create and perform a world premiere play! Spend a week under the guidance of professional theater artists creating an adaptation of a book or book series for the stage. You’ll work together as an ensemble to write the script, rehearse and perform your work for families and friends on the final day of camp.
- Ensemble building and play creation activities based on a book or book series
- Acting games, creating props, script writing and rehearsing scenes
- Practicing stage skills during rehearsal process
- Theatrical skills: character creation, ensemble, improvisation and performance
- Life skills: following directions, teamwork, confidence and risk taking
- Literacy skills through reading and script writing
- Body language, gesture, facial and vocal expression
- 30-50 minute family showcase
- One-act play based on the theme of the week, created by campers
- Campers have individual roles, memorized lines, and staged performance
- Campers will be released at approximately 3:30 on the final day.