What To Expect At #ChangeItUp
Create and perform a world premiere play! Spend a week under the guidance of professional theater artists creating an adaptation of a book, television, or movie series for the stage. You’ll work together as an ensemble to write the script, rehearse, and perform your work for families and friends on the final day of camp.
- Ensemble building and play creation activities based on a book or book series
- Acting games, creating props, script writing, and rehearsing scenes
- Practicing stage skills during rehearsal process
- Theatrical skills: character creation, ensemble, improvisation and performance
- Life skills: following directions, teamwork, confidence, and risk taking
- Literacy skills through reading and script writing
- Body language, gesture, facial and vocal expression
- 40-50 minute family showcase
- One-act play based on the theme of the week, created by campers
- Campers have individual roles, memorized lines, and staged performance
- Campers will be released at approximately 3:30 on the final day.