Studio East Homeschool Drama Policies 2013-14
- Students must be within the prescribed age range on the first day of class. Exceptions made only by special permission of the Education Director.
- Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. We will carry wait-lists for all classes that reach maximum enrollment and invite new registrations if space becomes available.
Full tuition is due at the time of registration. We will not process your payment until the class has met its minimum enrollment. Our registrar will advise you when class is a “go” (or cancelled) and we will then process payment or shred your payment information. Tuition for the full year classes can be split into two sums, please call us to make arrangements. If you need to make special arrangements for multiple payments over the course of the semester, please call 425-820-1800 at least one week prior to the payment due date to make arrangements.
Homeschool Class Withdrawal and Refund Policy
If class cancelled by Studio East: Full refund.
Drop before 1st class: Full refund, less $25.
Drop after 1st or 2nd class: You will receive a partial refund, pro-rated by number of classes attended, less the $25 deposit. The balance will be refunded or may be held as a credit which expires one year from the start date of the class for which you registered.
Drop after 3rd class: No refund, but 50% of total class tuition will be held as a credit which expires one year from the start date of the class for which you registered.
Drop after 4th class: No refund or credit.
Mini-Class Withdrawal and Refund Policy
If class cancelled by SE: Full refund.
Drop before 1st class: Full refund, less $25.
Drop after 1st class: You will be charged the value of one session of class plus $25. The balance will be refunded or may be held as a credit which expires one year from the start date of the class for which you registered.
Drop after 2nd class: No refund, but 50% of total class tuition will be held as a credit which expires one year from the start date of the class for which you registered.
Drop after 3rd class: No refund or credit.
We are happy to provide paperwork for you to obtain reimbursement for tuition from a school district or other educational agency. If the district or agency will pay tuition in advance, we’ll work out the necessary paperwork directly with the agency. If the agency will only reimburse after the class has ended, we will need you to pay us on our regular due dates and then seek reimbursement separately.
We understand that not all families can afford full tuition for our programs. Studio East has a Scholarship Fund which allows us to give partial scholarships to a limited number of deserving students. If your family needs financial assistance to participate in our classes, please submit your completed Financial Aid Form to the front office as soon as possible. Forms are available on our website, in person or by fax or email.
Work Study Opportunities
Students age 12 and older may be able to earn tuition credit for this and other Studio East programs by assisting classes and camps. Click here for more information.
Students cannot participate without returning a fully completed and signed Emergency Form to the Studio on or before the first day of class. You will receive an electronic copy of the Emergency and Medical Information form attached to the email confirming your registration. You can keep it filled out on your computer and ready to print for your next Studio East program.
Studio East Instructors are usually able to create ways for children with special needs to succeed. Please write down any and all medications and any physical, emotional or behavioral challenges your child may have on your student’s Medical Information Form, and discuss them with the Education Director and/or with your child’s Instructor prior to the first day of class. This information will make our class instruction more effective and your child’s experience more rewarding. All staff and Instructors follow the Studio’s Confidentiality Policy, so your privacy will be protected. Please note that staff members cannot monitor or administer medications.
Absence and Illness
- Instructors do appreciate notice if your student must miss class for any reason. Please alert the Studio if your student will be absent by calling (425) 820-1800.
- If your child is ill, contagious and/or running a fever, please DO NOT bring him/her to class.
- Studio East staff and Instructors cannot dispense medication to your child.
- If your child has a condition which necessitates carrying and/or self-administering medication during class time, please share all pertinent information with the Education Director prior to the first day of class.
Food at Studio East
Due to limited space and time, anticipated clean-up and staff responsibilities, we cannot support any celebrations involving edible treats during Studio East programs. We will celebrate students’ birthdays with a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday” when you alert us in advance!
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Our youngest students must be signed in and out at the beginning and end of class by a parent or guardian. You will find a notice on your class letter when applicable. Please ensure you have enough time to walk your student to and from his/her classroom each day.
- We hope that all of our students will be in class promptly each day. Please let us know if you will be late or need to pick up your student before class ends.
- Students may not be left unattended outside of class times. Arriving up to 15 minutes early is encouraged, but all students must have adult supervision until the official start time of class. Students must be picked up promptly at the end of class.
Parents are not required to stay on site during Studio East classes. Parents are allowed to observe and may be asked to assist in class from time to time in certain classes. However, we have found that students often participate more freely in class activities without parent observation, and so we encourage you to wait in the theater lobby if you prefer to stay on site during classes. If you feel strongly about observing the entire class process, please talk with the Instructor about the best way to accommodate you without negatively impacting the students. Please do not bring other children with you if you are observing class.
Most communication will occur via email. Please check your email regularly for class announcements. Studio East encourages open communication between Instructors and families. Instructors will be available briefly before or after class to answer questions. If you have a question or concern outside of class time, please feel free to reach the Instructor by leaving a message with our Education Director, Laura Shepherd, at (425) 820-1800 x108, or by emailing LauraShepherd@studio-east.org.
Code of Conduct
We at Studio East value each and every individual. In order to create an environment where each student has the freedom to grow, both as a performer and as an individual, Studio East does not tolerate the following:
- Fighting with another student, staff, volunteer or parent
- Destruction or theft of Studio East property or materials
- Disrespect towards oneself or others
- Use of inappropriate language and/or innuendo
- Racial or sexual harassment (including inappropriate physical contact)
Student Responsibilities and Expectations
(Parents are expected to read and enforce these policies with their children)
- Plan Ahead: Arrive on time with required materials and completed work.
- Behave Respectfully: Treat teachers, parents, other students, and staff with respect at all times. Respect the space you are in and keep it clean.
- Challenge Yourself: Strive to do your best work at every class, take initiative to stay ahead of deadlines, and give 100% energy and focus to class activities.